- Strawberries fresh- 10
- Yogurt-2 cups
- Sweetened condensed milk-200 grams
- Fresh cream-1 cup
- Rose syrup-2 tablespoons
- Strawberry crush-2 tablespoons
Preheat oven to 180° C.
Slice 4-5 strawberries thinly and divide them equally into 4 ramekin moulds.
Place a muslin cloth over a small bowl and pour yogurt over it. Gather the edges together and squeeze so that excess moisture drains away.
Transfer the thick yogurt into a large bowl, add condensed milk, fresh cream, rose syrup and strawberry crush and mix well.
Place a fresh rose petal over the strawberries in each ramekin mould, pour the yogurt mixture over till the top. Place another rose petal on top.
Place the moulds in a deep tray, pour some water into it, keep the tray in the preheated oven and bake for … Continue reading
Ever over estimated the size of the pumpkin you needed? Have some left over pumpkin? Here’s something extra special to serve to the kids – and it’s a favorite with the grown ups too 😉
- Ripe bananas-4
- Red pumpkin puree-½ cup
- Refined flour -1½ cups
- Cornstarch-2 tablespoons
- Baking soda-¼ teaspoon
- Powdered sugar-2 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
- Oil to deep fry
- Chocolate sauce as required
Put refined flour in a large mixing bowl, add cornstarch, baking soda, sugar, vanilla essence, pumpkin puree and sufficient milk and whisk well to make a thick batter. Rest the batter for a few minutes.
Heat sufficient oil in a deep frying pan.
Peel and cut … Continue reading
Zucchini, also known as courgettes, are often sold in packets and there’s always too many. The following recipe can be made with any zucchini and it can also use up the leftover couscous too!
- Yellow zucchini roughly chopped-1 medium
- Green zucchini roughly chopped-1 medium
- Green zucchini-¼ medium
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
- Green chilies finely chopped-2-3
- Ginger finely chopped-1 inch
- Turmeric powder-¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder-½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
- Couscous soaked and drained-1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red capsicum curls for garnish
- Green capsicum curls for garnish
- Onion roughly chopped-1 large
Saute chilies and ginger and for a minute. Add chopped green and yellow zucchinis and saute further for a minute. Add … Continue reading
- Cottage cheese grated-250 grams
- Spinach blanched and drained-1 bunch
- Oil-2 tablespoon
- Ginger finely chopped-2 tablespoon
- Green chillies finely chopped-3-4
- Garlic cloves finely chopped-10-12
- Gram flour-4 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder-½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
- Dried mango powder-1 teaspoon
- Salt-to taste
- Potato boiled,peeled and mashed-1 small
- Red chilli flakes-1 teaspoon
- Oil-for drizzling
- oregano-for sprinkling
Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan, add ginger and garlic and sauté till lightly browned. Add green chilies and sauté further for a minute. Add gram flour and sauté on low heat till brown.
Finely chop spinach and add and mix. Add turmeric … Continue reading
- Red pumpkin -150 grams
- Leftover chapattis-4
- Olive oil-2 tablespoon
- Salt-to taste
- mixed dried herbs-1 teaspoon
- Crushed black peppercorns-2 teaspoon
- Red bird’s-eye chillies finely chopped-3-4
- Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
- Schezwan sauce-1 tablespoon
- Processed cheese grated-For topping
- Spring onion bulbs sliced-¼ cup
- Black olives sliced-6-8
- Green olives sliced-6-8
- Red capsicum cut into thin strips + for garnishing-½ medium
- Green capsicum cut into thin strips + for garnishing-½ medium
- Oil-for shallow frying
Peel and cut pumpkin into thin strips.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, add pumpkin strips and cook till golden and crisp. Add salt, mixed herbs and crushed peppercorns and mix well. Add red bird’s … Continue reading