Here’s our favourite recipe for a delicious pumpkin soup…
Carving the Jack O’ Lantern pumpkin lantern is great fun and the scooped out flesh makes a delicious soup. Perfect after an evening out trick or treating.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2 onions
- 2 Chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Your chopped pumpkin flesh
- 2 chopped carrots
- 150 grams of split red lentils
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- A pinch of salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- 50 grams of cream or crème fraiche
- Heat the oil in a large pan or cauldron and add the onions, garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the pumpkin, carrots and lentils and pour in the hot stock.
- Season to taste.
- Cover and simmer for around half an hour or until the lentils and vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Blend, add cream or crème fraiche and blend again.
- Leave some cream over and allow the kids to make a scary face on the soup.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Not got the EAtBy App yet?