- 750g Chicken (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Flour 2tbsp
- Corn flour 1tbsp
- Baking powder 1/4th tsp
- White pepper powder 1/4th tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- salt 1/4th tsp
- egg 1
- Oil for deep frying
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes (pureed in a blender with or without skin as u wish)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour
-Mix all the ingredients in the chicken and marinade it for half hour.
-Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Then deep fry the chicken till it gets golden brown and keep aside.
-In a separate saucepan or wok, heat the oil. Then add ginger and garlic and saute it for a minute or so.
-Now add the tomato puree and let it cook for 5 mins.
-Then add tomato ketchup and all the spices. Let it cook for 3 more minutes.
-Add water and let it come to a boil.
-Mix cornflour in a little bit of water. Then add it to the sauce to thicken it.
-Enjoy it with egg fried rice or garlic fried rice.