Ingredients for koftas:
- Boneless chicken diced 1 kg
- onion paste 2 tbsp(put one large onion in the chopper and chop it in a paste WITHOUT WATER)
- 2-3 large green chillies finely chopped
- cilantro finely chopped 3-4 tbsp
- ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp(chop it like onion in the chopper but without a single drop of water)
- thick cream 3 tbsp
- cornflour 3 tbsp
- salt to taste
- red chili flakes 2 tsp
- all spices powder(garam masala powder) 2 tsp or less
-Wash the chicken, drain thoroughly and then pat dry with a clean cloth. Then mince it well in chopper.
-Mix in the spices well so that all the spices get incorporated and make small to medium sized balls. And refrigerate for at least an hour.
-In a large frying pan on high heat, add 1-2 tbsp. of oil. When the oil is hot, carefully add the balls, making
sure not to overcrowd the pan (this may be done in batches). After 2-3 minutes, flip them and reduce the heat to medium. They should have a lovely golden brown color.
-After an additional 2 minutes cover the pan for 2-3 minutes so they will cook all the way through.
Ingredients for yummy gravy:
- oil 1/2 tbsp
- butter 2 tbsp
- 10 cloves
- 10 peppercorns
- ginger 2″ piece finely chopped
- tomato puree 1 1/2 cup (throw 4 medium sized tomatoes in the blender)
- cream 200 ml
- hot paprika powder 2 tsp
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- dried fenugreek leaves 1 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice 1/4 cup
- whipped yogurt 1/2 cup
-Heat oil and butter, splutter cloves, peppercorns and chopped ginger.
-Stir in tomato puree, paprika, turmeric, fenugreek leaves, salt, yogurt and lemon juice. Cook until water dries up and oil separates. Fry it for 5 mins.
-Add 1 cup water let it boil. Now add koftas (meatballs) carefully. Keep the flame on medium.
-Now turn it to low and cook the koftas for 30 mints.
-After that, add cream and few cilantro leaves, mix well and then adjust the gravy consistency as u like.
-Serve hot with naans!