A great fruit salad that uses up those apples lingering in your fruit bowl. Kids love this one and it’s a great way to get one of those five a day in… Enjoy it as a dessert or sneaky snack!
- 2 or 3 chopped apples
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of creamy cinnamon
- Sliced almonds
Heat the oven to about 325ºF approximately (170ºC).
Mix the chopped apples, raisins and creamy cinnamon and leave for a while.
Spread the almonds in a single layer in a round baking sheet
Bake the almonds until they are lightly browned.
Remove from the oven and wait for the almonds to cool.
Add the almonds on top of the salad.
Sliced grapes also go well with this dish or you can include other dried fruit such as apricots too. Experiment with the … Continue reading
Ever over estimated the size of the pumpkin you needed? Have some left over pumpkin? Here’s something extra special to serve to the kids – and it’s a favorite with the grown ups too 😉
- Ripe bananas-4
- Red pumpkin puree-½ cup
- Refined flour -1½ cups
- Cornstarch-2 tablespoons
- Baking soda-¼ teaspoon
- Powdered sugar-2 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
- Oil to deep fry
- Chocolate sauce as required
Put refined flour in a large mixing bowl, add cornstarch, baking soda, sugar, vanilla essence, pumpkin puree and sufficient milk and whisk well to make a thick batter. Rest the batter for a few minutes.
Heat sufficient oil in a deep frying pan.
Peel and cut … Continue reading
Zucchini, also known as courgettes, are often sold in packets and there’s always too many. The following recipe can be made with any zucchini and it can also use up the leftover couscous too!
- Yellow zucchini roughly chopped-1 medium
- Green zucchini roughly chopped-1 medium
- Green zucchini-¼ medium
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
- Green chilies finely chopped-2-3
- Ginger finely chopped-1 inch
- Turmeric powder-¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder-½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
- Couscous soaked and drained-1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red capsicum curls for garnish
- Green capsicum curls for garnish
- Onion roughly chopped-1 large
Saute chilies and ginger and for a minute. Add chopped green and yellow zucchinis and saute further for a minute. Add … Continue reading
- 750g Chicken (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Flour 2tbsp
- Corn flour 1tbsp
- Baking powder 1/4th tsp
- White pepper powder 1/4th tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- salt 1/4th tsp
- egg 1
- Oil for deep frying
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes (pureed in a blender with or without skin as u wish)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour
-Mix all the ingredients in the chicken and marinade it for half hour.
-Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Then deep fry the chicken till it gets golden brown and keep aside.
-In a separate saucepan or wok, heat the oil. … Continue reading
Do you have damaged biscuits left in the bottom of the packet or cookie jar? Don’t waste them! Want to make something sweet and delicious in no time at all? Do not worry here is the solution and kids love to help grinding the biscuits!
- 220 grams of butter
- 300 grams of powdered sugar
- 200 grams of ground biscuits
- 100 grams of ground almond
- sweetened flaked coconut
To grind the biscuits put them in a sandwich or freezer bag and smash them with something solid like a wooden rolling pin or meat tenderiser.
Mix the butter with the powdered sugar with a hand mixer, then add the biscuits and the almond and stir well. Make balls and roll them in the coconut. For best results cool in fridge. Serve them with coffee or milk.
All my family loves this salad. We always prepare it because it is easy to make it and it is also very delicious. The best thing is that it does not take a lot of your time.
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 cups of cooked chicken meat coarsely chopped
- 2 cooked potatoes
- 2 cups of peas
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- 1 cup of ham
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 10 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare all of the salad ingredients and toss them together in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix it well and then put it in the fridge for 15 minutes. After that you are ready to enjoy the salad.
I really love this smoothie. It is so refreshing and also gives me a feeling like I am on a tropical beach with a good book and warm sea. It is very easy and you can prepare it quickly.
- 200 grams of pineapple juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 TBL coconut flesh (or shredded coconut)1 cup ice cubes
Optional: sweetener or honey .
Blend the ingredients together until smooth. Decorate it with coconut flakes and lime zest. Enjoy it !
Ingredients for koftas:
- Boneless chicken diced 1 kg
- onion paste 2 tbsp(put one large onion in the chopper and chop it in a paste WITHOUT WATER)
- 2-3 large green chillies finely chopped
- cilantro finely chopped 3-4 tbsp
- ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp(chop it like onion in the chopper but without a single drop of water)
- thick cream 3 tbsp
- cornflour 3 tbsp
- salt to taste
- red chili flakes 2 tsp
- all spices powder(garam masala powder) 2 tsp or less
-Wash the chicken, drain thoroughly and then pat dry with a clean cloth. Then mince it well in chopper.
-Mix in the spices well so that all the spices get incorporated and make small to medium sized balls. And refrigerate for at least an hour.
-In a large frying pan on high heat, add 1-2 tbsp. of oil. When the … Continue reading
- Cottage cheese grated-250 grams
- Spinach blanched and drained-1 bunch
- Oil-2 tablespoon
- Ginger finely chopped-2 tablespoon
- Green chillies finely chopped-3-4
- Garlic cloves finely chopped-10-12
- Gram flour-4 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder-½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
- Dried mango powder-1 teaspoon
- Salt-to taste
- Potato boiled,peeled and mashed-1 small
- Red chilli flakes-1 teaspoon
- Oil-for drizzling
- oregano-for sprinkling
Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan, add ginger and garlic and sauté till lightly browned. Add green chilies and sauté further for a minute. Add gram flour and sauté on low heat till brown.
Finely chop spinach and add and mix. Add turmeric … Continue reading
- Potatoes – 9 units;
- Flour – 3 tablespoons (without tuber);
- Egg – 1 pc;
- Onion (small) – 1 pc., or a third of the average size onion;
- Sunflower oil – add each pan when frying, about 1 tablespoon;
- Salt – 1 teaspoon;
- Pepper to taste.
It turns 25 pancakes average value for this recipe.
Potatoes wash, peel and rinse with water;
Onion peel and grate;
Rub the potatoes in a food processor, puree in the raw;
Raw mashed potatoes add grated onion, egg, salt, pepper and stir.
Heat the pan and then fry over medium heat. Spread a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan, smoothing in a flat cake. In a frying pan with 1 foot in diameter includes 5-6 pancakes.
Fry from 1.5 to 2 minutes on each side.
Draniky is delicious served with a sour cream dip.
Bon … Continue reading
- Dried apricots – 200 g
- Raisins – 200 g
- Prunes – 200 g
- Walnut – 200 g
- Hazelnut – 200 g
- Honey – 200 g
- Lemon – 1 pc
Wash the apricots, raisins, prunes, walnuts, hazelnuts and lemon. Then twist everything in a food processor.
In the resulting mixture, add honey.
Again, mix thoroughly.
Spoon the mixture into a glass jar.
The mixture was stored in a refrigerator.
Well suited for tea and very satisfying. Can be taken to work or to give the children to take to school. The mixture is thick and not spread.
Try my brilliant energy drink!
- Milk – 350 g
- Milk powder – 1 tablespoon
- Cottage cheese – 80 grams
- Jam – 1 teaspoon
- Peanuts – 2 tablespoons
- The chocolate or cocoa – 10 grams
- Sugar or glucose – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Banana – half
- Coconut – 2 teaspoon
You should get half a litre or a little over.
Peanut grind in a coffee grinder
Chocolate grind in a food processor
Pour into a glass of milk mixer
In milk add milled peanuts and chocolate. As well as all the other ingredients
Mix well, about 20 seconds
Tip: You can heat the milk, if you are afraid chill throat.
Drink after a workout. Effect in strength gains guaranteed.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Rose Water/ Orange blossom water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fine semolina
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup shredded, dessicated coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 16-20 almonds (blanched and peeled for garnishing)
-First make the syrup by adding water, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 10 mins. Remove from heat and add rose water or orange blossom water
-Preheat the oven at 380 degrees.
-Add all the ingredients except almonds in a bowl and mix well.
-Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture. Cut into cubes before baking and add almonds to each cube.
-Place it in the … Continue reading
- Red pumpkin -150 grams
- Leftover chapattis-4
- Olive oil-2 tablespoon
- Salt-to taste
- mixed dried herbs-1 teaspoon
- Crushed black peppercorns-2 teaspoon
- Red bird’s-eye chillies finely chopped-3-4
- Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
- Schezwan sauce-1 tablespoon
- Processed cheese grated-For topping
- Spring onion bulbs sliced-¼ cup
- Black olives sliced-6-8
- Green olives sliced-6-8
- Red capsicum cut into thin strips + for garnishing-½ medium
- Green capsicum cut into thin strips + for garnishing-½ medium
- Oil-for shallow frying
Peel and cut pumpkin into thin strips.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, add pumpkin strips and cook till golden and crisp. Add salt, mixed herbs and crushed peppercorns and mix well. Add red bird’s … Continue reading
- Arrowroot biscuits-10-12
- Cocoa powder-2 tablespoon
- Powdered sugar-2 tablespoon
- Milk-3-4 tablespoon
- Desiccated coconut-1 cup
- Cocoa powder-3 tablespoon
- Powdered sugar-3 tablespoon
- Green cardamom powder-½ teaspoon
- Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
- Butter-2 tablespoon
Put arrowroot biscuits in a bowl and crush them to a fine powder. Add cocoa powder, sugar and milk and mix well and knead into a soft dough.
To make filling, put desiccated coconut in another bowl, add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, green cardamom powder, vanilla essence and butter and mix well.
Cover the worktop with cling film, place the dough on it, roll out into a large disc, spread the filling over it and press lightly. Cut out the excess cling film, roll the … Continue reading
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3-4 tortillas
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Place chicken cubes in a large bowl.
Add garlic, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, Greek yogurt, tomato paste, paprika, cayenne, salt, and black pepper, and mix to combine. And marinade it for about 2-3 hours in the fridge.
Skewer chicken, dividing equally among 5 skewers. Place chicken on the grill, and cook for 8 minutes, turning over every 2 minutes to grill all sides.
If you don’t want to skewer … Continue reading