- 750g Chicken (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Flour 2tbsp
- Corn flour 1tbsp
- Baking powder 1/4th tsp
- White pepper powder 1/4th tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- salt 1/4th tsp
- egg 1
- Oil for deep frying
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes (pureed in a blender with or without skin as u wish)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour
-Mix all the ingredients in the chicken and marinade it for half hour.
-Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Then deep fry the chicken till it gets golden brown and keep aside.
-In a separate saucepan or wok, heat the … Continue reading
Ingredients for koftas:
- Boneless chicken diced 1 kg
- onion paste 2 tbsp(put one large onion in the chopper and chop it in a paste WITHOUT WATER)
- 2-3 large green chillies finely chopped
- cilantro finely chopped 3-4 tbsp
- ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp(chop it like onion in the chopper but without a single drop of water)
- thick cream 3 tbsp
- cornflour 3 tbsp
- salt to taste
- red chili flakes 2 tsp
- all spices powder(garam masala powder) 2 tsp or less
-Wash the chicken, drain thoroughly and then pat dry with a clean cloth. Then mince it well in chopper.
-Mix in the spices well so that all the spices get incorporated and make small to medium sized balls. And refrigerate for at least an hour.
-In a large frying pan on high heat, add 1-2 tbsp. of oil. When … Continue reading
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Rose Water/ Orange blossom water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fine semolina
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup shredded, dessicated coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 16-20 almonds (blanched and peeled for garnishing)
-First make the syrup by adding water, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 10 mins. Remove from heat and add rose water or orange blossom water
-Preheat the oven at 380 degrees.
-Add all the ingredients except almonds in a bowl and mix well.
-Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture. Cut into cubes before baking and add almonds to each cube.
-Place it in … Continue reading
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3-4 tortillas
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Place chicken cubes in a large bowl.
Add garlic, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, Greek yogurt, tomato paste, paprika, cayenne, salt, and black pepper, and mix to combine. And marinade it for about 2-3 hours in the fridge.
Skewer chicken, dividing equally among 5 skewers. Place chicken on the grill, and cook for 8 minutes, turning over every 2 minutes to grill all sides.
If you don’t want to … Continue reading
The cheat’s strawberry cheesecake – it’s quick, simple and delicious.
-For the base:
- Graham crackers crumbs 1 1/2 cup (or Digestive biscuits in UK).
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
-For cream cheese filling:
- Philadelphia cream cheese one box
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 150 g strawberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 box strawberry jello
More strawberries halved
-Place graham cracker crumbs in a bowl, add sugar. Now add the melted butter and mix till it forms a crumbly texture.
-Take a spring form pan and spray bottom and sides with cooking spray or brush with oil or butter. then and the crumbly mixture, spread the mixture evenly and press firmly using the back of the spoon or your fingers.
-Hull the strawberries and slice strawberries into 1/8th lengthwise.
… Continue reading
- 1 kg Minced Mutton
- 6 inch piece of Raw Papaya (cut into cubes)
- 2 large Onions sliced
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 3-4 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp All Spice Powder (7 spice powder)
- 3 tbsp Whole Roasted Chickpeas (can be found in an Asian store or use roasted gram flour)
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seed
- 10-15 Black Peppercorn
- 5-6 Cloves
- 4-5 Green Cardamom
- 1 piece of Coal (to give a smokey flavor)
Take the garlic, ginger, 1 green chili and papaya, blend it to make a paste.
In a coffee grinder, put poppy seeds, cumin, black peppercorn, clove, green cardamom and roasted chickpeas and grind it.
In a pan, pour … Continue reading